Welcome to my collection of 1:12 scale miniature food made with love (and polymer clay) - for dollhouses or admirers of all-things-mini.

In life, it's the small things around you that matter the most. Embrace, enjoy, and savor every second with all your might.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easter Rainbows and Sunshine Mini-Cakes

The weather is finally getting warmer and I am so hooked on spring! And cakes. Lots of cakes. 

Remember the Easter Rainbow Cake a few blogs back?

The one on the left was done a few days ago in 1/12 scale miniature size. For Easter, I used pastel rainbow shades.


The cake on the right here is our full-size version that we baked last year after watching the Rainbow Cake segment on Martha Stewart.





And it was soooooo good! Our full-size cake was colored with gel colors in primary shades. But I digress, if just for a moment, from the minis....


My new little miniature red mixer arrived yesterday.....


....So I made the prep board to match.

I also made a sunshine and flowers cake....just for the fun of it...

....with honey bees, another surefire sign of spring.


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Your cakes are so happy looking! The pastel rainbow cake is awesome.
    Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog. Minis do have a special magic don't they/ Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Saw your comment on Kim's blog.. And thought I'd say hello! Your minis are beautiful! I just love the rainbow cakes! And doing one in spring colors is Smart!
    Nice to 'meet' you!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful and encouraging comments :) Both of your blogs are so amazing, I get so much inspiration and joy from them (Katie - I'm now following yours as well - pretty impressive!)

    Can't wait to see what you have "cooking" next in your mini-kitchen Kim. Happy weekend!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute !!!! here's hoping you had a wonderful easter.

    ReplyDelete