Welcome to my collection of 1:12 scale miniature food made with love (and polymer clay) - for dollhouses or admirers of all-things-mini.

In life, it's the small things around you that matter the most. Embrace, enjoy, and savor every second with all your might.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Orange-ya Glad to See More Canes ;)

Hello hello hello! I'm still working on the basics - fruit canes - before I get back to prep boards and mini food scenes. Fall temperatures are finally settling in, which makes my joints a little more bend-y. My exhaustion still isn't letting up, but over the past couple of weeks I had some little bits of energy to re-create the orange canes and lime canes (made plenty of lime wedges too for those teeny tiny tequila filled margarita drinks, ha ha!) I'm still experimenting with technique and true-to-life color shades, but here's what I have so far....

Double click on the photos to supersize! :D



Old, warped looking grapefruit, lemon, and orange slices on the left, and nicer, happy little slices on the right (kinda obvious, huh? :)











Yikes! Did my old limes really look that bad? No wonder I used to "hide" them in jello platters or bury them deep in icings!




Thank you so much for checking out my blog!! :D

4 comments:

  1. oh my! they look great!! I wish i could make canes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! :) I LOVE your Fairfield dollhouse - wish I had bought that model. Every detail is so perfect and there are so many rooms!!

    The first YouTube video my girls and I watched to learn how to make canes is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYnM99hOEUU&feature=plcp. After that I bought some books by Angie Scarr, and realized it is really so simple, just time consuming, to make canes! Check these out, you'll be making canes too in no time. xoxoxo

    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie,
    Wow your canes are all amazing!!I really love the oranges!!
    I'm so pleased that even with all the challenges to your health, you're still managing to create such amazing minis, you're amazing!!!
    hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! I'm so glad to hear all the feedback, those canes can be tricky at first, it certainly takes practice, wow!

      Many "mini" hugs!
      Jackie

      Delete