Welcome to my collection of 1:12 scale miniature food made with love (and polymer clay) - for dollhouses or admirers of all-things-mini.

In life, it's the small things around you that matter the most. Embrace, enjoy, and savor every second with all your might.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Easter - Part One

I love Easter. What's not to like? The weather is getting warmer, the crocuses are peeking out of the ground, and tulip leaves are sprouting everywhere. And the days especially, are longer. This post is the first of many where I will showcase my favorite season in 1/12 scale miniature. I hope you enjoy my spring-infused romp with polymer clay.

When I was growing up we had a specific Eastern Europeon inspired menu planned for Easter that were based on my dad's Polish background, and my mom's Slovakian heritage. Every delectable morsel was prepared with care by my mom (and with a little help from me - especially in the egg dying department, of which I was in charge ever since I was about 8 years-old). Funny how back then, moms didn't seem to give a second thought to handing over a package of dye tablets and a whole bunch of water and hard boiled eggs to the young 'uns. Guess they weren't worried about the ensuing mess. :)

The other night, I went a little crazy making eggs in miniature. Nothing much, only about...a bazillion or so....


Eggstravaganza! This bunny's been busy.
 






Ready for the Easter Bunny!


2 comments:

  1. The color are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy - I love working on Easter stuff because of the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete