Welcome to my collection of 1:12 scale miniature food made with love (and polymer clay) - for dollhouses or admirers of all-things-mini.

In life, it's the small things around you that matter the most. Embrace, enjoy, and savor every second with all your might.

Monday, March 26, 2012

My Glass Cake Stand Finally has a Cake!

Oh, what's it been now? Almost a year since I purchased a darling miniature glass cake stand with a cover tall enough to clear the top of a 1:12 scale multi-layer cake, at Lynlott Miniatures in Pittsburgh, PA. And while I've been sidelined by joint problems and bone weakness for all that time, the cake stand I'd hunted down for so long sat in my craft room collecting dust. Awwww. :(

Well hang onto to your Kemper Kutters kids. :) I finally made a cake for it!!! Just simple, nothing fancy like those super duper creations I'm always admiring on the blogs I follow. Just whipped cream icing and strawberry slices. And just like my tomato canes, I worked on improving my strawberry canes as well. I'm satisfied with the end result, but they could be better. More skill and experience working with canes will help.

Thanks again, to the technique demo on Shay Aaron's flickr Photostream: Making a Strawberry Cane.

I always believe in giving credit where credit is due :) Thanks to one of the blogs that I follow, Christel Jensen's Cake Doily Tutorial, I finally made my own doily from polymer clay! Thanks Christel! Your blog is so awesome!


The cover and cake stand are a perfect fit for a three-layer 1:12 scale cake!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, thank you for your comment on my blog! I love your blog and I love the strawberry cake! Good job! xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jackie, your cake is very beautiful and very real! Congratulations, hope you're recovered from your medical problem. A big hug and kisses in your heart.

    ReplyDelete