Welcome to my collection of 1:12 scale miniature food made with love (and polymer clay) - for dollhouses or admirers of all-things-mini.

In life, it's the small things around you that matter the most. Embrace, enjoy, and savor every second with all your might.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Treats

Hope everyone is enjoying fabulous weather as spring gains more ground in our little corner of the world on the East Coast. :)

And fabulous mini-making too of course!

Little by little, the spring bakery I'm working on grows.....

Ooo-la-la! Some fancy-schmancy chocolate eggs! Topped with a raspberry, and raspberry filled.  


I always loved chocolate bunnies in my Easter basket.

And white chocolate ones too! :)

Another Easter cake, with lots of whipped frosting (I'm experimenting with piping. Not quite there yet :) Needs more definition in the piping. I'll save that for a future post on piping methods.


A flexible bunny mold makes miniature chocolate much easier! I made this silicon mold using an old tiny bunny charm.


Bunnies multiply fast, don't they? 

And then I used a jewelry finding to make a flexible fancy egg mold. 

I filled the eggs with "raspberry" filling using an awesome new tool - a Jacquard Fine Line Applicator  that Polymer Clay Express had asked me to try out. Works great with Liquid Fimo to really capture those fine details and features. 

The set comes with three tips in .5mm,  7mm, and 9mm sizes, and a squeeze bottle. I used the .5mm size to pipe the raspberry filling into the tiny openings all around the sides of the chocolate eggs. It's ultra fine and easy to control. 



10 comments:

  1. I love your chocolate bunnies! Did you paint the details or did you use clay? xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jackie, that your wonderful work! Congratulations, you are all very beautiful, the bunnies are divine, a real charm. Kisses in your heart and happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enhorabuena por esos fantasticos trabajos de Pascua, me encantan.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enhorabuena por esos fantasticos trabajos de Pascua, me encantan.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work!! It's so full of fun and happiness!!
    Thanks for making me smile :0)
    Hugs
    Vicky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Easter goodies! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thank you all for the wonderful feedback! :D Happy Easter to everyone!

    Amy - I used clay for the eyes on the bunnies, teeny tiny microscopic bits of white and blue that I picked up with my needle tool and then placed on the faces and then flattened them out a bit with the other end of the tool. :)

    Cheers!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work! The bunnies are so cute and the detail on them is superb. Happy Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chocolate bunnies are amazing!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much. ;)

    hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete