Welcome to my collection of 1:12 scale miniature food made with love (and polymer clay) - for dollhouses or admirers of all-things-mini.

In life, it's the small things around you that matter the most. Embrace, enjoy, and savor every second with all your might.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cooking up Christmas Foods

With my ability to "shop till you drop" severely thwarted by my health, I've been working on something all year long so that this year, I will have something to "gift" to our friends and neighbors who invariably stop by with something for our family during the holidays. This year, I got smart and planned waaaay in advance, and made them each something from the heart, my own personalized creations of mini foods that emanate warmth and friendship. How better to do that than a tiny miniature oven (signaling the warmth) and the bounty of holiday food and treats? I even added a tiny decorated Christmas tree to the display (finally found a good use for all those beads and bezels I've been collecting from thrift stores) for added holiday cheer. :) The gold bases will be personalized with an inscription of the family's name and the year. This is my first one, finally completed after months of working on it as my hands, joints, and my energy will allow me in small blocks of time during the day. The other ovens are in various stages of "doneness" and I think I'll be able to get them all finished to give out just in time for the holiday.

Cheers! (click on the photos below to enlarge) I hope all of you are having as much fun with making your holiday mini creations this year. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

A traditional holiday meal in the making. The family name will be inscribed on the front of the gold plaque.






Would it even be a holiday without gingerbread men and women? :)
The "star" of the dinner. I'm still working on trying to make my cooked poultry look as realistic as I can.
Hidden treats tucked neatly inside the oven, fun!
Cupcake batter ready to go in the oven!



2 comments:

  1. Olá querida Jackie, simplesmente MARAVILHOSO!!!! Um tarabalho lindo! Parabéns pelo trabalho, cada detalhe é magnífico, e parabéns também por ter conseguido te organizar com antecedência, eu ainda não fiz nada de natal.... Uma ótima semana e beijos em teu coração.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Cris! You are so sweet! Many kisses in your heart too!

    xoxo
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete